Monday, May 02, 2005

Swimming

Today I called up Rohit(another batchmate of mine) who began to go swimming about two weeks back and told him that I'll join him. I think I am generally impulsive in my decisions, but never mind. I reached his office at 5 in the evening. We went to the Commercial street and I bought swimming trunks. Then we reached the swimming pool near MG road. It was smaller than my college pool. I paid the money and got my membership for the pool.
I learned to float - holding the pipe with hands and flapping the legs to get the lift. The coach's first funda - "Every straight thing floats. But when you take your head out, thats when you have to learn to stay afloat". It was a good first lesson. I was asked to do the flapping for half an hour. But it was difficult - I stopped after every couple of minutes or may be less. Then there was an elderly lady who provided me with some fundaes and called me lazy for stopping every now and then - how can I explain her that it was difficult. Then she asked me to hold some rectangular thermocol object(I dont know what is it called, but it provided some support to keep me afloat) and try to "swim" the width of the pool on the shallow side. It was about 4.5 feet in depth. I swam 5 breadths and the coach said its enough for the day - I could come out. I felt the weight of my legs and couldnt walk for a moment. Rohit had already got out of the pool after completing his 13 length laps. Then we came back to our respective offices.

6 comments:

Varun Singh said...

Where exactly is it located dude? I wanna join too. Which time slot are you guys taking? I'll go to gym after that too.

Anonymous said...

Dont over exert baby. Explore one thing at a time.

Anonymous said...

way to go dudes. Health freaks !! Here i am surviving on cold sandwiches and McD. :(

Varun Singh said...

And we are slowly but surely reaching towards a future with biscuit abs ;-)

Pankaj Jain said...

you lost 5 kilos :O

Anurag said...

It is same as a classmate.