Thursday, April 28, 2005

People leaving my team

One of the guys left our team yesterday and another one is leaving today. Both of them are super excited to join their new teams. I always wonder how long this excitement is going to be - I mean to say that everything begins to seem dull after some time if it is not the kind of thing that you would want to do in life. I would say that jobs are monotonous 90% of the time because people are working for money and not for the sake of fulfillment of their dreams or desires.
When I graduated, I had two offers. Even I decided in favour of money and not the work that excites me. Coming from a middle class family makes you more vulnerable to such monetary attractions - but I dont think such decisions work well in a long run. In my opinion, one should always try to do the things which excites you even if it fetches less money. Money must be a byproduct of your work with a lot of satisfaction and happiness being the main ones. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me. Even I would have disagreed to this an year ago.

5 comments:

Varun Singh said...

The problem with this theory of yours is that you can't be sure that your passion will be your passion two years down the line. You can decide the larger frame, but not such minute details. You liked mathematics, now you are an engineer. You liked software, you are now a developer. Tomorrow you might want to do wild life photography, just that stakes are too high in that case! Money does matter in life, we don't feel it because we have it.
Ask me, I'm craving for a digital SLR, but all of them are out of my limits :)

himanshu agrawal said...

i feel that it boils down to the extend of risk one is willing to take when it comes to making a choice whether to pursue his dream career or the beaten track. given the fact that most of us come from middle class families, we tend to worry about the responsibilites to our families in the future and become more and more risk averse.

Anurag said...

I get the point that you guys have made. But the point that I want to make is the famous quote - "A man is made up of his fears and desires.". I think its self explanatory.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://oegxngdl.com/mpyn/lpct.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fxnvtskk.com/uube/ysot.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://oegxngdl.com/mpyn/lpct.html | http://jgzjusst.com/ajmb/ctmv.html