Thursday, April 28, 2005

Rain vs Bowling

It rained yesterday. This is not a weather forecast site - then why am I talking about rain. Just because I love it. I think a lot of people love rains in the childhood - the Jagjeet Singh ghazal "Woh kaagaz ki kashti, woh baarish ka paani" rightly points out how much fun it is for a child to get wet in a rain, to make paper boats competing with the friends, to irritate mom by bringing the wet clothes inside the room.
But as people grow, they lose interest or I would say other interests take over. These new interests are unnatural and sophisticated. Bowling is one such interest which Jaat, Jha, Ali and me are totally crazy about. Almost every weekend you could find us at Amoeba bowling on lane 6 which is Jha's favourite lane as he scored a record breaking 167 on that lane. The slope of lane 6 is just perfect for Jha's franklyn rose style bowling. Jaat is getting more consistent with strikes now a days and scoring much better. Ali still throws ball as if he wants to break the wall. I am not playing well these days, trying to spin like Kumawat which was awesome. Kummi is another fellow college guy whos also working at some software company in Bangalore. I hope to learn his style in a months time and will try to get to the 200 mark :). Anyways it doesnt hurt to aim high.

3 comments:

Varun Singh said...

I read somewhere:- As a child we are a bit of everything; a painter, a musician, a dancer, a sportsman, a writer. As we grow, we tend to lose those qualities. Our worlds shrink, leaving no place for all of them.

You forgot to mention my highest score (162) ;-). Won't take much time to surpass Jha's!

Anonymous said...

Very well said !!!

Satyajit said...

Dream on..BTW I won't be basking in glory meanwhile.